DRIVE SALES AND INCREASE CUSTOMER LOYALTY BY STAYING ON TOP OF EMERGING TRENDS AND KEEPING ABREAST OF THE BEST OF THE ESTABLISHED HEALTHY, ETHICAL AND NUTRITIONAL MOVEMENTS.
Give People a Reason to Go to Your Store:
1. Create atmosphere in store by featuring a new trend each week or month.
2. Encourage your staff to try the products themselves, so they can speak from the heart when sharing new products with customers.
3. Connect online with offline – customers like to research online first, so make sure your website is up to date and includes relevant information.
– uhp.com.au offers a wide range of blogs and is a great source of information
– Provide a store locator and if possible, access to real-time in store inventory
4. Tell a Visual Story – in store presentation can increase impulse purchases and peak customers interest.
– Download posters and wobblers from uhp.com.au/shop to shout out about new products and existing lines in store
5. Embrace Shoppertainment – plan regular small events around different food trends.
– Include product demonstrations, samples, informational talks
– Utilise social media and in store signage to promote your event
Functional food and drinks
Customers are increasingly searching out foods and drinks containing health-giving benefits. Expect to hear much more talk of products such as turmeric shots, cold-pressed juices, matcha or ginger-based food and drinks and seaweed products.
We’ve seen an exponential rise in vegetarian and vegan cooking in the last few years. One sub-genre which is starting to grow is sea vegetables. From kelp noodles to seaweed snacks (including popcorn), customers are looking to sea vegetables to enhance their foods flavour or replace an existing food product.
Healthy snacks and grab n’ go
Already a popular category, the continued blurring of mealtimes will mean more of us opt to graze instead of eat three meals a day. Picking and sharing small plates are on the rise, as are healthier snack solutions, so make sure you stock a good range of products such as seaweed, low-sugar or protein snacks, energy or paleo bars and nuts.
Easy meals that are nutritious too? The speed scratch premise – start with a good quality, healthy, prepared or semi-prepared convenience product, then add some healthy ingredients of your own. Customers will be increasingly looking for products like bake, snack and bread mixes and meal bases.
People are adapting diets to suit their own health needs and looking to eat what they think will make them feel better. Personalised diets and lifestyles that are emerging or established include paleo, vegan, FODMAP, high protein, low carb, low sugar and wholefoods.
To discover our latest trends, subscribe to our newsletters and check out the latest on-trend products on our online shop.