The team at My Magic Mud spare no expense when it comes to sourcing the best, active ingredients to give your customers pearly whites, a healthy mouth and fresh breath.
You likely know My Magic Mud as the pioneers in activated charcoal oral care. But when it came to creating the best, activated charcoal oral care range on the market, cofounders Jessica and James Arman were not going to be satisfied until they had created a product that not only contained the highest quality, activated charcoal, but a whole host of natural, tooth-friendly ingredients too!
So what is this unexpected cavity-fighting ingredient?
It’s xylitol! Researched for more than 50 years, it has a strong history in promoting dental health and is completely natural.
What is xylitol?
Xylitol is a “tooth-friendly”, naturally occurring sweetener known as a sugar alcohol. It’s the only known sweetener that actively promotes dental health.
It prevents the formation of cavities in five clever ways:
- Prevents the growth of bacteria that cause cavities by blocking their metabolism.
- Sweetens food without being a food/energy source for the bacteria that cause cavities.
- Remineralizes the tooth enamel.
- Helps the body absorb calcium during digestion.
- Triggers saliva production which dilutes tooth-decaying acid.
The uniqueness of xylitol is that it is practically nonfermentable by oral bacteria. When consumed regularly, it helps to reduce the number of Streptococcus mutans, a specific strain of cavity-causing bacteria, as well as the amount of plaque on teeth.
Where does xylitol come from?
It comes from the fibre of many trees, fruits, and vegetables with manufacturers typically extracting it from corn husks & cobs, berries, oats, mushrooms, hardwoods, and the leafy stalks leftover from sugar cane.
It’s naturally lower in calories and won’t spike your blood sugar levels like regular table sugar does, making it an amazing sugar alternative for cooking too!
The Disastrous State of Australian’s Teeth
Did you know dental caries (cavities) is the most common disease affecting mankind?
According to the Oral Health Tracker report, 90% of Australian adults have some form of tooth decay, almost three-quarters of children eat too much sugar and more than one-third of five-year-olds have decay in baby teeth!
Luckily, My Magic Mud’s natural oral care range contains a mix of amazing items to help take care of teeth without the use of any added nasties. You’ll find these natural ingredients in their range:
- Activated Coconut Shell Charcoal – whitens teeth through a process called “adsorption” as opposed to “absorption”. It literally pulls out stains from the pores of the teeth.
- Bentonite Clay – pulls impurities, toxins, and bacteria from the mouth. It removes plaque with every use and helps rebuild enamel by depositing minerals back into the teeth which helps rebuild the enamel.
- Diatomaceous Earth – the abrasive action is gentle enough for teeth but strong enough to remove plaque and tartar. It also promotes healthy tooth enamel which prevents tooth decay and receding gums.
- Coconut Oil – a natural tooth whitener and detoxifies the mouth and pulls out impurities.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract, Tea Tree Oil, Sweet Orange Oil, and Rosemary Oil – used for their antiseptic, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties.
But hold onto your (biodegradable) toothbrush, the benefits don’t stop there!
My Magic Mud do a brilliant job of naturally supporting healthy teeth and gums, but they also have the environment and animals in mind too.
The range is long-lasting with approximately 150 uses per Tooth Powder tub and 200 uses per Toothpaste tube. The Toothbrushes are earth-friendly using sustainable bamboo and bioplastic, and the entire range is vegan, cruelty-free, and non-GMO!