THANKS TO GLUTEN AND GRAIN FREE FLOURS, IT’S NOW SUPER EASY FOR CONSUMERS FOLLOWING THE PALEO DIET TO ENJOY FRESH, HOME-MADE BAKED GOODS.
Natural Evolution’s Ultimate Gluten Free Baking Flour (made from green Cavendish bananas) is an innovative wheat flour substitute. Using it in cakes, bread or in nearly every baking recipe is a healthy alternative to satisfy a carb craving.
Green banana flour is not just paleo friendly
and gluten free, but also offers
great health benefits due to the
green banana resistant starch found
in the product.
Not bananas about the flavour of banana? Not a problem! Natural Evolution’s banana flour doesn’t actually taste of bananas, instead it’s almost flavourless, with a slightly nutty, clean taste.
To harness the flours nutritional benefits, it’s easy, just choose a wheat flour recipe and simply add 25-30% less banana flour than wheat flour, try a recipe from the Natural Evolution recipe page, or share the below recipe! We were lucky enough to have this delicious date loaf made for us by Natural Evolutions lovely owners Rob and Krista Watkins – it disappeared off the plate faster than a cave man running from a t-rex!
PALEO BANANA FLOUR DATE LOAF RECIPE
1 cup Natural Evolution Ultimate Gluten Free Baking Flour (Green Banana Flour)
300g pitted dates
2 tsp of bi-carb soda
1/4 cup coconut sugar (optional)
80g coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease or line bread tin.
2. Chop dates finely or Thermomix chop for 8 seconds on speed 7.
3. Add water and gently simmer on stove for 5 minutes constantly stirring.
TM users 5 minutes, 100C, on Speed 1.
4. Add bi-carb soda and mix well. TM users 3 seconds, speed 2.
5. Set mixture aside.
6. In a bowl beat sugar and oil. TM users 20 seconds speed 9, then insert butterfly and mix 1 minute on speed 4.
7. Continue mixing and add 1 egg at a time along with vanilla bean paste. TM users continue mixing in ingredients.
8. Add date mixture and flour and ensure is mix combined. TM users remove butterfly and add flour and date mixture, mix 5 second speed 4.
9. Pour cake mixture into prepared tin and place in preheated over. Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Leave in tin 10 minutes before turning out onto a cake plate.