REFRESHING, RELAXING, REJUVENATING AND BOLDLY GREEN, MATCHA IS THE TASTE OF SUMMER!
Matcha green tea is the whole green tea leaf which is briefly steamed, dried and ground into a fine powder. You only have to look to Instagram to find consumers sharing it’s beauty photo after photo.
It’s not just the vibrant colour that’s drawing consumers in, but the unique flavour, versatility and more importantly the health benefits it offers. Containing 137 times the antioxidants of standard green tea, it helps boost energy and endurance.
Below Erin has also shared a variety of simple, delicious summer recipes to get your customers snatching Zen Green Tea from your shelves and snapping their next Instagram matcha #foodporn.
MATCHA COOKIE DOUGH BALLS
Makes 12 balls.
2 cups almond meal
1/3 cup dates (soaked)
1 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp Zen Green Tea Matcha Powder
1/4 cup cacao nibs or chocolate chips
1. Blend together until it resembles crumbs.
2. Stir through 1/4 cup cacao nibs or chocolate chips and roll into balls.
3. Keep refrigerated.
MATCHA BANANA SMOOTHIE BOWL
Photo and recipe from @naturally.tess
5 frozen bananas
1 tbs Zen Green Tea matcha powder
Topped with summer berries, seed sprinkle and a piece of dark chocolate
1. Place all ingredients through your food processor- serve in a bowl and decorate with the topping of your choice.
TWO INGREDIENT VEGAN MATCHA GREEN TEA ICE CREAM
Makes 2-3 servings.
2 large (or 3 small) bananas, peeled, cut into chunks and frozen
1 tsp Zen Green Tea matcha powder
1. Place banana chunks into a food processor fitted with the S blade and turn machine on. Let the motor run until the bananas have a super creamy texture, just like soft serve ice cream. It might take a little time and the processor may make loud noises but it will work – don’t worry.
2. After the bananas become creamy, add Zen Green Tea Matcha Powder and blend.
3. Serve immediately. Leftover can be refrozen and then re-blended for a perfect texture.
4. Top with fresh summer berries.
NOTE: You can make an amazing array of flavours – Try adding vanilla bean, orange peel and cacao!
Share these recipes with your customers or even try the Matcha Cookie Dough Balls as your next in-store tasting for Zen Green Tea! They are unbelievably delicious and are totally raw, guilt free, gluten free, dairy free and showcase the brilliant bright green that’s become symbolic to matcha.
Easily add any Zen Green Tea products to your next order or if your not yet signed up to purchase our 1000’s of on-trend products from our January wholesale catalogue, just click here and we’ll get you started.